Whoever suggested that the number three is a magical number is a wonderful chap/chappette. In fact, I’d quite possibly shake their hand to express my gratitude to them – three times, just to exaggerate my appreciation! Look around you, notice how good things always come in threes? The Subway ‘Meal Deal’ is £3.00, The Lord of the Rings is a trilogy, a Shamrock is a three-leaf clover and, not to blow my own trumpet (which has three valves, just sayin’) but I was born as a set of three. *Ahem*, need I say more? Oh, wait, I’ve just included four examples instead of three… okay, okay, my theory is slightly flawed here but at least my intentions were clear! Rather than seeing everything as one, separate entity in life, it’s just nice to accept that some things just can’t helped but be grouped with something else. Or with another something else, for that matter. Come on, would it be charming if there was just ‘One Blind Mouse’? Not really, it’d just seem cruel as to why this poor, blind little mouse has been mocked for years with nursery rhymes, rather than being notified to the RSPCA! How about ‘Two Men and a Baby’ as opposed to the film ‘Three Men and a Baby’? I know, I know – the title just has a bit of a ‘Gay Adoption Rights’ vibe to it. Consider four ‘life lines’ rather than three in a game of ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ – you’d have a lot more millionaires skipping merrily through the streets throwing their cash around. It’s just part of the natural cycle of things – all good things come in threes.
Thankfully, AdrianCharlesHoran is just another addition to this natural order of things. I sit writing this post with a smile on my face (not just due to the fact that I’m currently wolfing down this apple crumble. If only this came in threes! ) as this post is to celebrate my third blogging award ceremony! *Balloons fall from ceiling, Adrian does the ‘Chandler Dance’ in excitement, sits down in embarrassment as Mum witnesses ‘Chandler Dance’* A big thank you to the humurous, addictive blog of nuderamblings for nominating me for the ‘Liebster Blog Award’, which is given to the talented, newcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers. I was braced for the end, considering my followers are nearing upon 200 and the possibilty of receiving a Liebster felt about as slim as finding a fresh water fountain in the Sahara Desert! However, thanks to some patience and a bit of the old ‘crossing of the fingers’ (works every time) I can finally accept that good things do come in threes as I feel honoured to accept this award:
Whilst I’ve never been one to ever read the ‘Terms And Conditions’ for something, merely click ‘agree’ straight away, I’ll make an exception for a blogging award. I’m expected to answer 11 questions, nominate 11 people for the award and provide them with 11 questions to answer. Yikes… my ‘rule of three’ flew straight out of the window there! Regardless, here are the 11 questions to answer as provided by nuderamblings:
1. What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
What wouldn’t I do for a Klondike Bar is a better question! Wait, in fact… nothing, considering as I have just ‘Googled’ the name of this foreign sounding bar of chocolatey goodness.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
I know that I’m suppossed to be proud of where I live – but why stay in rainy, rainy England when I can spend my life drinking Guiness, speaking with an Irish accent and listening to U2 in Ireland? Okay, so I might have just decribed my Dad with a hint of casual racism…
3. White or red wine?
Neither – I’m underrage! Adrian Horan – providing a role model for the modern youth since 1995.
4. Gene Wilder or Johnny Depp chocolate factory? (Sidenote, Johnny Depp is the only man who can still go by “Johnny” after 15 and still be sexy)
Gene Wilder – he hasn’t had the chance to play Jack Sparrow yet. When he does, I might consider Johnny Depp.
5. What do you like most about your job?
The ‘part-time’ aspect of it; full-time work for a 17 year old? I’ll pass!
6. Who was/is your favourite Spice Girl and why?
Is none a credible answer to this question?
7. What would you consider the biggest insult to yourself?
‘Hi Anthony! It is Anthony, right?’
8. What is the strangest item in your home?
The ‘FECK’ regplate above our kitchen door. There’s a sentence I never thought I’d say…
9. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
When I was 13 and I fell right off of it. It certainly will be the last time!
10. Do you make your bed everyday? (This is a no judgement zone people)
I, er… No not really. Do you make your bed everyday?
11. What is your favourite holiday? Why? (Birthdays count)
May 12th – three birthday celebrations on one day? My pleasure!
Here are the 11 questions I’ll provide to my 11 nominees:
1. Scone (S gone) or Scone? (Sc own)
2. What is the most adventerous thing you have ever done?
3. You’re stranded on a desert island which, funnily enough, has a portable music player on it. What are your five albums of choice?
4. Who is your favourite celebrity?
5. What do you consider to be your biggest flaw?
6. If you regret doing one thing, what would it be?
7. We all have one – what is your hidden talent?
8. What is your guiltiest of guilty pleasures?
9. What would you say is the world’s coolest job occupation?
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
11. James Bond or Harry Potter?
Here are my selected nominees:
- From the Eyes of a Sinner
- The No-diet Diet
- The Rock Wife’s Guide
- Arrab Geek!
- Dastardly Reads
- Hot Space Station Justice
- The Alarida Journey
My apologies if any of you have over 200 followers – my I.C.T. skills would be at an incredible fault if that is the case! Congratulations to all of the nominees and thank you for reading folks. Also, let me provide you with a leaving tip – why not sing Lionel Richie’s ‘Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady’, but replace the ‘lady’ with something else? Hopefully that’ll convert you to my side where everything is much better in threes – muhahah!